Extract from a press release by New Zealand Premium Petfood Alliance published on Thursday, 16 March 2017 on Scoop Business
A recent independent New Zealand study commissioned by New Zealand Premium Petfood Alliance has found that meat is best when it comes to doggy diets!
“While dogs are considered members of the family, they are carnivores so they shouldn’t be fed a humanised diet containing high levels of carbohydrates. The study supports our long-held view that dogs need to be fed a high meat, low carbohydrate diet best suited to their biological makeup,” says New Zealand Premium Petfood Alliance spokesperson Neil Hinton
Other key study findings include:
- High meat diets are more digestible for dogs
- More nutrients from a high meat diet are able to be absorbed
- Dogs on a high meat diet had higher levels of the bacteria associated with protein and fat digestion
- Dogs on a high meat diet had smaller poo and better fecal health
If you are interested in more information about good dog nutrition check out our blogpost Doggy Diets are a balancing act.
And, don’t forget to add DOGGY DAILY to your dog bowl for that all-in-one, super-natural nutritional boost that helps to:
- Boost Immunity
- Reduce inflammation
- Advance gut health
- Promote healthy skin & coats